The following trash pump do’s and don’ts will help assure safe and effective pump operation:
- Consult the engine and pump manufacturer’s instructions before starting the unit.
- Follow all safety, health and environmental rules and procedures.
- Drain the pump and all hoses and piping during extended periods of non-usage or during freezing weather.
- Follow the maintenance schedule as specified in the manual.
- Operate your pump within its design limitations.
- Don’t attempt suction lifts of more than 25 feet.
- Don’t allow the impeller and wear-plate to wear excessively, creating a large gap.
- Don’t operate the pump at excessive angles or inclinations.
- Don’t run the engine faster or slower than the recommended operation range.
- Don’t perform any service or repairs while the engine or the pump end is running or hot.
Guzu Machinery, a full-service manufacturer and provider of diesel driven trash pumps, water pump equipment. Please reach us at [email protected] or +86 18603293463. For more information visit www.guzumachinery.com.